Diet plays a key part in our health and well being and this is particularly so as we approach the menopause and hormones begin to fluctuate. Fortunately changes in diet can help to bring relief to many symptoms.
Whether you are slim or not-so-slim do you recognise any of the following symptoms?
- Increased weight around your middle.
- Difficulty losing weight compared to the past.
- Increased desire for carbohydrates (sugary and/or starchy foods).
- Light-headedness, dizziness, feeling spaced-out, shakiness.
- Tiredness, lethargy, exhaustion.
- Hair where you don’t want it and not where you do!
- Spotty skin.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), bloating etc.
Dietary advice at the Surrey Park Clinic
How can a dietician help me?
- Studies have shown that following a higher protein/low glycaemic load (GL) eating plan can help control your insulin levels and significantly improve your symptoms.
- We have been able to reduce and/or redistribute weight away from the waist/stomach. Central weight deposition is known to be detrimental to health putting you at increased risk of conditions such as Type 2 Diabetes.
- Our unique approach at the Surrey Park Clinic suits both the slim and the not-so-slim.
- Your initial package includes two consultations the first lasting up to 90 minutes and a follow up lasting up to 30 minutes.
- During the first consultation your medical history, symptoms and measurements e.g. waist circumference will be ascertained. Your current food choices and meal pattern will be assessed and dietary changes discussed. All dietary advice is individualised taking into account your likes, dislikes and lifestyle. Written information will also be provided.
- During the second consultation (usually after 2 months) we will assess your progress, monitor your measurements and suggest further dietary changes as necessary.
- Further consultations will be arranged if required.